Your site must be suggested into the most relevant subcategory at the deepest level of our directory structure for addition to the IllumiRate Directory.
You can identify a category at deepest level of structure by noting that it does not have any left hand navigation menu (this is because you cannot drill down any deeper into the structure).
Use the IllumiRate search to find the most suitable category for your site.
Navigate to that category and scroll down until you see the IllumiRate search box on the page. Look a couple of lines below it and you will see a big link that says "Add Your Site to this Category". If you do not see this link, you are not in a subcategory at the deepest level of structure.
Click on that link to take you to the submission form.
Fill out all required fields of the form to suggest the site, and hit submit. Your suggestion will be reviewed by one of our editors and accepted if it meets the listing criteria.
Remember -- You must choose the subcategory that best suits the content of your website; otherwise, the site may be deleted or moved to the bottom of sites waiting in the correct subcategory.
We do not accept:
--Sites containing pornographic material or linking to other sites containing pornographic material;
--Sites which engage in illegal practices, warez, hacks, etc.;
--Sites which supply prescription medications without requiring the customer to provide a prescription from his/her own personal physician;
--Affiliate or Referral sites.
Sites which do not include:
--an appropriate title;
--a description written following proper rules of grammar and punctuation; and/or,
--a functioning URL
will be rejected!
Approval of your website suggestion will be based on the quality of the site and of your submission.
Please read over these submission guidelines to ensure that your suggestion is completed correctly:
All sites submitted which meet these guidelines are reviewed individually by our editors.
- Title: Use the title shown in the top 1/4 of the main page of the website or subsection to be listed. DO NOT use the browser bar title.
- URL: Please *don't* include the "http://". Please *do* end with a trailing slash, www.illumirate.com/, for example.
- Description: Please enter a complete sentence/phrase or two. Tell us in objective language "what the site is about" + "what the site offers".
- Keywords: Each submission must contain a minimum of 5 relevant keywords.
- Keywords should be separated by a single space. Please do not use commas as separators.
- There is no need to capitalize keywords. Additionally, please do not pluralize keywords unless the spelling structure or meaning is changed (goose to geese, leaf to leaves).
- There is no need to include a word if it already appears within another word. For instance, if one of the keywords is "goddess" then there is no need to include "god" as a keyword since it is already part of the word "goddess".
- Grammar/Punctuation: Please pay special attention to using proper grammatical structure, punctuation, and spelling when submitting sites. Begin each sentence/phrase with a capital letter and end each with a period/full stop.
- Affiliate/Referral Sites are not accepted into our database.
- Promotional language or sales hype talk will not be accepted in submissions. Please do not use capital letters for emphasis or phrases like "the greatest", "the best", "No. 1".
We have had an overwhelming response to our free submission service; therefore, expect that it may take from 1 to 6 months (and more in some subcategories) for your suggestion to appear in the directory. If you have many sites to add, we suggest you sign up as an IllumiRate Editor. For more information, click here.